cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS6420 alignment issue

davenick802
Apprentice

Problem. I have printing alignment issues with my TS6420. After using ALL tips to fix this, I am still perplexed. I did manual realignment. I checked encoder strip. I cleaned print nozzles. And yet, when I do a print test everything works great. But..........when I print documents (from anywhere) the resulting prints are misaligned (double with a shadow of second line above the first). Attached image shows the problem. Yet a test print off maintenance shows a perfectly printed page. ??????????? Can anyone help?IMG_20230913_125326.jpgIMG_20230913_125730.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

I recommend removing and reinstall the printer driver and then click HERE to download/reinstall the printer driver. 

If the issue persists, I recommend you reach out to Canon support. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This did not work at all. In fact it made it worse

If you tried the above, and you're still having issues, please log into your My Canon Account at https://canon.us/account and verify that your printer is registered. There you'll see your personalized support options. 

My product is registered but there is no support listed. The person above is the only instance where I have found this exact issue. It seems there is a problem with vertical alignment. Please post so everyone can see how to troubleshoot. 

I finally solved it by changing from my existing non-brand ink cartridges to Canon's higher priced ink cartridges and the issue was immediately fixed. Go figure.

I’ll try that. I know it has worked fine with our reconditioned ink cartridges. Funny thing is pictures print fine. Only when you print pdfs, word, emails, etc. 

Same here. Only started when I tried to save myself some money.

Cmcrose68
Apprentice

Just encouraging this issue.

Announcements