cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS5150 out of memory error

Vijgeblad
Apprentice

Bought a TS5150 multifunction printer today. Followed all instructions to the letter. Printing from the computer works. Haven't tested printing from the phone yet. Starting from "Quick menu", every scan button gives me the message "There is not enough memory. Exit other applications to increase available memory. Code:14, 152, 2." This is nonsense. There is plenty of memory available (8 GB 1600 Mhz) and I get the same message when only the operating system and Canon software is running.

A possibly related problem is that in the settings, when I change "Save in" to my preferred folder, the settings revert to the "Pictures" folder as soon as I close the settings window. Also, whether I use the radio button "Open with an application" or "Send to an Application" (I don't understand the difference), the application I want is not opened.

Although I can work around the bugs (losing a lot of control) and open scans by hand, that's not a permanent solution. I need to scan a lot and I need detailed controls, like I had in Navigator. As it is, this is a virtually useless machine for me.

Running a MacBook Pro on MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra)

6 REPLIES 6

Vijgeblad
Apprentice

More than a week later, no reaction. Not even "we don't know". Most likely conclusion: zero customer service. Or else, contrary to what's indicated on the box, the printer will not work with MacOS 10.13 due to a memory leak in the software. In both cases, the machine is useless to me. It goes back to the shop and I'll buy another brand. What an efficient way to lose customers! Thank you fo your honesty, Canon.

Hi there!

Welcome to the Canon Forums! The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, please feel free to call our US-based support at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) weekdays from 10am to 10pm (ET).

As the Canon Community Forums are hosted and moderated in the USA, we are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You are welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Sorry Stephen, but for a company that wants to be global, that is bizarre. People move from one country to another. Though I live in France and speak French, my technical French is not good enough for a help desk person and there is as much chance of finding an English-speaking technician on a French help desk as there is finding a French-speaking help guy in the US. My only success was with an Apple rep who was prepared to work in two languages. It took almost three hours, a gallon of sweat and thoroughly frayed nerves on both sides.

Anyway, I found the solution, so I'll leave it here for others. In the settings for the four scan types, leave the menu "Save in:" on "Pictures". If you want the software to save your scans in another place, use the third section of the settings, labelled "Application settings", radio button "send to a folder" instead.

This is obviously an annoying bug in the software. I'll leave it to you to report it to Tokyo...

sdyche
Apprentice

I am having the same issue with my scanner. Did you ever find a solution? 

See post above yours. Are you sure you have the same type, TS5150? There are other software issues with my machine now, including its inability to save scans in any other folder than its default. The hardware is good enough, but the software is deplorable.

Hi sdyche,

What model Canon printer do you own?

What version of Windows (or OSX) is installed on your computer?

Are you using your Canon product wirelessly?   or with a USB cable?

What is the exact error message that you are experienicng?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. For a quicker response, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements