cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS 6220 "Printer is not connected"

LotusB
Apprentice

MacBook Pro running High Sierra. TS6220 keeps dropping wireless connection. I open a file, send it to the printer, and can see that it's in the queue, and then the printer says "printer is not connected." Occasionally turning wifi on & off will reboot the process, but it's inconsistent.

I have gone through all the support recommendations multiple times, have reinstalled drivers repeatedly, have run all the diagnostic tests, have tried both the easy and advanced wireless connections, have printed out the Network Config (which says there is no problem). Signal strength is 78%, quality is 94%. The router is within 10 feet of the printer.

Oddities: the printer doesn't like Word/Excel files, I have to save them as PDFs to print. Using Adobe Reader is the only way I can print anything other than from Preview. Since I rarely print any photos (or actually take any) that's not an issue.

This has been a consistent problem over a period of months, but I can sometimes "fool" it by leaving the queue open and ignoring the printer entirely, only to come back to the office and find the document in the tray...

Any ideas would be gratefully received, thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello LotusB,

If the printing is inconsistent and you can't print from specific programs, I would suggest resetting your Mac's printing system and then adding the printer back to your printer list. To perform this task, you can follow the instructions below.

Click on the apple in the upper left hand corner of the computer screen and then click on system preferences. Once in system preferences click on Printers and Scanners. Right click in a blank portion for the printer list on the left hand side and select reset printing system.

Once the printers has been removed, you can add the printer back to the list. Click the + at the bottom of the window and the

add printer window will appear. Highlight the printer and make sure it says "airprint" in the "USE" dropdown box near the add button. If not, switch to airprint and then click add.Close any programs that you were printing from before and then open them again to try and print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

No, this did not work. I have repeatedly deleted the printer, uninstalled the drivers, re-downloaded the drivers and added the printer.

When I went to do this process again this morning, the drivers were not available, but there was new software so I downloaded that instead and it appears to be working so far (3 hours, 2 printed documents) but now it keeps thinking I should have paper in the rear tray, which I don't use at all.

Announcements