cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8620a prints photos, not documents

GuyWithAPrinter
Apprentice

Hello, I have a canon TR8620a printer and whenever I try printing a pdf file it never works. It appears very smudgy with portions of the text missing all over, or the printer spits out a blank piece of paper (but the printer head sounds like it's moving around trying to print something).

I've ran the nozzle check many times and it comes out perfect.

I've also made a copy of the pdf file as a picture (jpeg) and when I send that picture to the printer, it prints out just fine.

I've updated the printer to the latest firmware 1052. I am using a windows 10 machine. We also have this problem when we try printing a pdf wirelessly from an android device using the canon app / software.

I'm figuring its a software/driver issue? Version of adobe reader I'm using is 2024.002.20687 64 bit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi GuyWithAPrinter,

I can assist you with resolving the printing issue with your TR8620a , but would need a little more information.

Please print another nozzle check.  Once printed, please take a photo of it and then please attach that image to your reply of this post.

I look forward to your reply.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for offering to help. Here are two pics of the nozzle check. If you need the images to be brighter let me know.

pic-01.jpg

pic-02.jpg

Well I feel like an idiot 🙂 

I just realized the PBGK nozzle pattern isn't printing at all at the top of the nozzle check print. I'm assuming one of the black nozzles is clogged. I did perform a cleaning and a deep cleaning but this is still happening. I'm assuming I will need to buy a cleaning kit to force the clogged ink out of the nozzles?

Thanks again for your help.

Hi GuyWithAPrinter,

Please try another deep cleaning.  If black still does not print, please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat to obtain you service options. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below to log into your My Canon account:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Once logged in, click on your product and then the Get Service & Support button.
When that page loads, click on either the Phone Support button or the Chat Support button.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements