Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8620 scanning issues

grighi
Apprentice

Hello

I am hoping for some advice on an issue that I am encountering with my TR8620

I am able to print without issues but half way through each scan i get a generic error that said that the process will stop and I am not able to save any documents. I am using a Mac running 10.15 and the printer and the computer are connected using Secure AirPrint. 

Any advice on trouble shooting the issue would be greatly appreciated as I have tried most basic things but none seem to fix the problem. 

thank you

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I suggest installing the printer under 10.15 using the MAC Set Up Package for best results

Support | TR Series - Inkjet | PIXMA TR8620 | Canon USA

The TR8620 is also not listed as supported on Apple's website, but I believe this is just out of date:

About AirPrint - Apple Support

I know you said "I have tried most basic things" ..  but we are not going to be able to guess what those "things' are.  (Sorry)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello

thank you for the suggestions.

I have re-installed the software and added the printer again using Secure Air Print. The printer is set up via Wi-Fi and it shows it as connected to the network. I have also re-intalled the Canon IJ Scan Utility Lite

I am able to print wirelessly from my laptop. I am also able to start the scanning process (also wirelessly). However, once the scanner has finished going over the document I get the following error: "An unexpected error has occurred. Cancelling the process." This message is then followed by "Failed to Save." Of note, the scanner worked once and then it stopped working but nothing had changed from either a network or computer perspective. 

thank you for your help

I have a Canon TR8620. It will not scan. Not getting error message.

I can't get the scanner to work with MacBook (Monterey 12.1). Prints fine.  What's the fix?

Announcements