cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR4520 not printing consistently - even with new ink. Color not working at all

mg2897
Apprentice

I replaced the color ink today (black is still at aprx. 50%) but when I tried to print a document for school it only printed in black and grey - other than one stripe of orangish-yellow (should have been a vibrant yellow) on the first page. None of my lighter color text blocks showed up. I verified I had selected color print and tried a test print - again no color. The black is also printing a little inconsistently (tops/bottoms of letters, right/left of pages are occasionally faded/streaking). I ran a "Nozzle Check" and only black showed up with the same inconsistencies in the lines. I ran the cleaning cycle, tested, ran the cleaning cycle, tested, ran the deep cleaning cycle, and tested again with the same variation in inconsistencies and only black ink. I turned the printer off and let it sit for a while - no changes. I removed the ink and wiped it with a damp paper towel, and still I'm not getting any color and there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason as to when/where the blank ink will fade. I'm out of ideas to try and hope someone else has a suggestion. Printer was purchased in 2021. Black ink was replaced a couple weeks ago and was fine until today. Color ink was brand new from package that arrived yesterday.

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Sounds like it might be a failed head. Adorama has two used models for sale at $70 or less. That might be something to consider. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements