cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon G4100 Skipping/Fading lines, at my wit's end

Okahuma
Apprentice

I have tried cleaning the black cartridge in about a dozen different ways (shallow isopropyl bath, hot water, q-tip, cleaning contacts) and have already run all the cleaning options I have on the software as black or all options. The test page prints out THE SAME every single time. I have no idea where the problem is, it clearly can squirt out black ink, but it fails RELIABLY in the same way in the same line every time.

https://imgur.com/a/ReFn4gb

These test pages were taken at different points in testing. When printing I have some faded lines and some skipped lines as you can see in the text at the bottom of the test pages.

I'd appreciate any help with this. I have a new cartridge on the way, but honestly I don't even know if the cartridge is the issue. I only assume it is because obviously it can squirt black ink most of the time.
1 REPLY 1

Mike

Welcome to the Canon Community Forum, Okahuma!

The model printer you have isn't sold or supported in the US market, but it does sound like a bad cartridge to us and we'd recommend waiting to test that theory before doing any further troubleshooting.

If you're outside of the USA and would like to consult with a printer technician, you can also reach out to Canon in your country for help. You'll find contact information here:
Canon.us/globalsupport

We wish you the best!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements