cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No touch screen menu on TR8622a

sb2jmb2
Apprentice

We had a power outage on Saturday. Since then, when we turn on the printer, the touchscreen menu does not appear. It lights up, but just says Canon. We have reset our modem and tried unplugging and plugging back in multiple times. We cannot even copy, let alone print. Any ideas? Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Try unplugging the printer from the power source and then press the On/Off button a few times. It may drain any stored voltage.

It is also possible that the power surge damaged the printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I think John is correct unfortunately.  It sounds like the printer is not starting "booting up" when turned on. (Stuck on Canon logo).  Hopefully a disconnect / reconnect from power will help, but it might be permanently damaged.  I keep all of my sensitive electronics protected by UPS.  They protect against power outages, surges and dips.  

UPS manufacturers claim you should not connect printers to a UPS, but you can if you buy a unit that has sufficient power.  As you can see below, even with the printer is active, it only draws 15w.  A fast cellphone or laptop charger can draw this.  This is nothing for a good UPS.  They are worth the investment.  

TR8600 series power draw:

Printing (Copy): 15 W or less (when actively in use)
Standby (minimum): 1.3 W or less (sitting idle)
OFF: 0.3 W or less (turned off)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements