cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR4520 Will Not Scan

DCGarage
Apprentice

Just got a TR4520 printer, it is USB connected to the computer. I have also set up the Wifi. It will print just fine. 

It will not scan, it seems like its not even scanning the page. As in no noise. I have selected all the set up options for the scanner but when I select scan it just says please wait a while and then nothing. 

8 REPLIES 8

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi DCGarage,

What version of Windows are you using?

If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. For a quicker response, please use the link below to reach our Technical Support Team:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

karene
Contributor

I’m having a problem with this same printer/scanner as well.  Prints fine wirelessly, but scanner says poor connection to wifi, even though signal strength is 100%. My OS is safari Big Sur.

Hi,

Is the 100% signal strength from your router or did you print the network settings page of the printer and it shows the printer is getting 100%?

We look forward  to your reply.  

I printed the network settings page off the printer.

Hi,

When you go to scan from IJ Scan Utility, does it show the printer as TR4500 series or TR4500 series network? 

We look forward to your reply. 

karene
Contributor

TR4500 series.

Hi karene,

Are you using the IJ Scan Utility Lite to perform scanning with your PIXMA TR4520?

If not, this software can be downloaded from the Support Page of your PIXMA TR4520:

Click here to download the IJ Scan Utility Lite

Once downloaded and installed, please make sure that Canon TR4500 series Network appears at the top, in the "Scanner" box before you attempt to scan.

More information can be viewed here:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/ScanUtilityLite/M/3.1/EN/SUL/Top.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

No this did not work.  

Announcements