cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR4520 Will Not Print

ckm
Contributor

I'm trying to reinstall drivers. There are two choices. Should I install "TR4500 Full Driver & Software Package (Windows)" or "TR4500 Series MP Drivers Ver. 1.01 (Windows) " ?

7 REPLIES 7

Mike

Hi ckm!

We'd recommend going with the MP Drivers Ver 1.01 (Windows) for best results. Be sure to compltely remove the old drivers first.

ckm
Contributor

Thanks for quick reply as I need printer soon. However, the suggested download has been running for several hours and when I ask to stop it I get message that if I end download "temporary files will not be deleted" Do you know why that might be happening ?

That message sounds like a Windows issue. Did the downloads ever complete? These usually don't take more than a minute or so to complete the download portion. Next, you'd need to open and run the download to complete the installation. 

ckm
Contributor

I received and ran the download. That's when I got popup titled WinZip Self Extractor.

The Extractor seemed to run for awhile, then stopped with no indication that process had finished. I finally "cancelled" that process.  Then I tried to Wireless connect printer to computer. That seemed to happen, but printer will still not print, but built-in scanner works fine. 

ckm
Contributor

Several days ago (at night), with printer and computer both OFF, the printer turned itself on and printed two pages from the middle of a grocery order several weeks old.

Now printer seems to be working okay, but I sure don't know why. And it still turns itself on at odd moments (about once every day)

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Ckm,

The issue sounds like there were jobs trying to get to the printer and they finally got there. The printer can wake up if in sleep mode and it has an auto on feature that will power up the printer when it receives a print job. If the printer is connected over a network, I would suggest unplugging your router for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in to refresh any network connections. You can also check you computer to make sure there are no jobs waiting in any print queues for the printer.

Thanks Hector for info. Can that auto-on feature be turned off ? I'm not on any network

Announcements