cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly can't print black. All colors are fine. I'm working spreadsheets so I am stuck

wiseguy
Apprentice

3 REPLIES 3

Shanna
Enthusiast

Hello wiseguy!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what model printer you are using (PIXMA MX922, MG6420, CP910, etc.), what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using, and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Shanna,

My printer is a PIXMA MP560.  I just started Windows 7 a few months ago, coming from an XP.  I am anything but tech savy.  Found an interesting note from Louielouie who said it was a piece of paper stuck on the ink cartridge.  Didn't work for me. Sorry I can't spoend too much time this AM because I have to go for chemotherapy.  But I will work on this every chance I get.

Thanks for your kindness.

Beth Wiseman

My printer says it is connected by both  USB and WiFi   but we think it is really USB.  Another mystery.

Hello.

First, please make sure that the ink tanks are installed in the printer correctly and are in the correct order. The order from left to right is as follows:

CLI-221BK
CLI-221M
CLI-221Y
PGI-220PGBK
CLI-221C

Next, a test of the printer should be performed. This will tell us if the printer is working correctly. To do this, please load letter-sized paper in the PIXMA MP560 and follow these steps:

1. Press <HOME>.

2. Rotate the menu to Settings and press <OK>.

3. Press <OK> on Maintenance.

4. Press <OK> on Nozzle Check Pattern.

5. Press <OK> on Yes.

The Nozzle Check will print. Please compare your printout to the example that has been attached to this message. If they differ, please perform a few printhead cleanings.

To perform cleanings, please follow these steps:

1. Press <HOME>.

2. Rotate the menu to Settings and press <OK>.

3. Press <OK> on Maintenance.

4. Press <OK> on Cleaning.

5. Press <OK> on Yes.

After a few cleanings, please print another Nozzle Check.

If the issue persists, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements