cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved, I guess] PIXMA MX922 printing blank pages

WhoFarted
Apprentice

Windows 8.1, working wifi connection. Had my printer for many years now. It acts like it's printing, including slowing down on more dense areas, but the paper comes out blank when fed from both the upper and lower cassettes.

I've tried:

• Previewing the page before printing and making sure there aren't any weird settings that would make it come out blank.
  • Replacing the ink cartridges one by one (they are correct, full and have worked before. Nothing is stuck on there blocking the ink from coming out)
  • Verified that I am using the correct size and type of paper.
  • Checked for jams and visible obstructions
  • Unplug the printer, restart the computer, plug the printer back in... many times.
  • Installing "MX920 series Mini Master Setup (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)" and "MX920 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01 (Windows)" from here (restarted every time)
  • Verified that the wifi connection between my computer and printer are working. Reset wireless router a few times. (Also tried printing from phone which is Android Razer Phone 2 via Canon Print Service app. same issue)
  • Attempting to photocopy both from top and platen produces the same error.
  • Lots and lots of cleanings + deep cleanings (ink levels are going down but nothing makes it to the paper)
  • Lots of auto print head alignments - every time it fails and produces error code 6002.
  • Lots of nozzle checks.
  • Lots of bottom plate cleanings and roller cleanings.
  • I've tried doing the maintenance items both from my system dialog on my computer, and also by using the screen/buttons on the printer itself.

Anything else I should try? I'm willing to try opening it up and cleaning/adjusting stuff but not sure where to start.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WhoFarted
Apprentice

OH MY GOD IT'S FIXED. I'VE BEEN AT THIS FOR SEVERAL HOURS A DAY, ONCE A WEEK, FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF MONTHS.

On another thread someone suggested taking out ALL the cartridges, unplugging the printer, rebooting the computer, and turning the printer back on.

Well at first the printer didn't recognize any of the cartridges after I put them back in. But after opening and closing the cover a few times and letting the arm move the cartridges back and forth, it recognized them again.

Printed a test document and...... IT PRINTED. Holy hell.

This thing is weird but ok.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

WhoFarted
Apprentice

OH MY GOD IT'S FIXED. I'VE BEEN AT THIS FOR SEVERAL HOURS A DAY, ONCE A WEEK, FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF MONTHS.

On another thread someone suggested taking out ALL the cartridges, unplugging the printer, rebooting the computer, and turning the printer back on.

Well at first the printer didn't recognize any of the cartridges after I put them back in. But after opening and closing the cover a few times and letting the arm move the cartridges back and forth, it recognized them again.

Printed a test document and...... IT PRINTED. Holy hell.

This thing is weird but ok.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements