cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow--non-existent Technical Support

DonPeabody
Apprentice

Is it your experience that you're on the phone listening to canned "cocktail bar jazz" for over half-and-hour at 11AM and still no person to help?

If it isn't, how do you go about getting reasonably prompt Technical Support from Canon? 

My brand new printer's all set-up and won't print because "Printer Not Connected." Well, it is, but, apparently doesn't know it. 

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Getting live help these days from just about any company can be challenging.  Try chat, this works a little better some times.

You can also post more information here and we might be able to help.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks, Rick.

Where do you find the "chat" function for Canon? I couldn't find one. 

The problem resolved by using the "squeaky wheel method." I called to get authorization for a return, and not only got that but also the information that, "on average," calls are answered by Tech. Support every 31 minutes. By that standard, I'd hung up one minute too soon. Twice.

So, I resolved to listen that crap music for thirty-ONE minutes, and, sure enough, a very competent "Barbara" solved the problem. 

I'm looking for a reliable backup inkjet printer, now, and wonder what manufacturer offers accessible, responsive Tech. Support. I'm also wondering: Who's the client in this transaction? From the behavior of some companies it seems we serve them. 

KAM
Contributor

Yes, give it up. The printer is functionally ill.

Announcements