cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2522 "Ink Absorber Almost Full" Message

IMaRetiree
Apprentice

Today, for the first time ever, when initiating a print job, the printer status window informed me that "the ink absorber is almost full". I had to press the START button to continue with the printing task. Is this anything to worry about? Will the printer soon crash?

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@IMaRetiree wrote:

Today, for the first time ever, when initiating a print job, the printer status window informed me that "the ink absorber is almost full". I had to press the START button to continue with the printing task. Is this anything to worry about? Will the printer soon crash?

Greetings,

The printer will not "crash", but eventually you will no longer be able to bypass the "almost full" notification by pressing the start button to print.

Service will be required. To put things in perspective.  The cost to package and ship the printer and return to Canon + the service to replace the pad will exceed the value of the device.  Unless you live near a Canon service center and can drop it off yourself, you will be better off replacing it.  You can buy a new one at Walmart today for under $40.  I don't know how old yours might be, but unfortunately, this particular model is what I consider a "throw away".  What I would do, eWaste it responsibly.       

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements