cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning with Big Sur and MG7720

johnbeaston
Apprentice

I'm trying to get scanning to work on my PIXMA MG-7720 in macOS Big Sur. After installing drivers from the Canon website, I'm getting a "You do not have permissions to open the application "Canon IJScanner15f.app". I am the admin for the computer and the firewall is configured to allow incoming connections.

Ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

ianvictus
Apprentice

I am having the exact same problem. 

I have uninstalled the Canon MG7720 printer and reinstalled the most recent drivers and IJ scan utility from canon website. I have tried both the full and lite versions of the IJ scan utility. After installation, I reset my Mac. I have also tried scanning from Preview and Image Capture apps with no luck. Would appreciate any ideas or feedback from other people who have solved this problem. 

Thank you!

johnbeaston
Apprentice

FWIW - There's another iMac in the house also running Big Sur but does not have the latest Canon drivers. It is using the "14f" version of IJScanner. Scanning works fine from that computer. I'm wondering if there's any way to get an installable version of the older driver.

Hi johnbeaston,

Please follow the steps in the following article to resolve this error:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART180175

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements