cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning slides or positive film

PeterHartnall
Apprentice

I have a Canon MX720 multifunction printer which has a film/slide carrier on the platten. How do I use it to scan film or slide film? It doesn't appear as one of the possible functions; it can scan photos, documents etc, but film does not appear as an option. Yet the film carrier is an integral part of this multi function printer.  Or do I need to download some extra software? Or is it because i am using it wirelessly, but if I connect via USB it will allow me to scan film?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PeterHartnall
Apprentice

I feel really stupid. I now realise that what I thought was a holder on the platten for negative film or slides is in fact part of the automatic document feeder!  So my question is utterly poiintless! My apologies to all those of you who read my posting and were left scratching their heads!

But it leaves me with another question. I have thousands of 35mm slides that I wish to scan and digitalise. What Canon product that is Mac compatible can do that, without me having to take each slide out oif its plastic holder?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

PeterHartnall
Apprentice

I feel really stupid. I now realise that what I thought was a holder on the platten for negative film or slides is in fact part of the automatic document feeder!  So my question is utterly poiintless! My apologies to all those of you who read my posting and were left scratching their heads!

But it leaves me with another question. I have thousands of 35mm slides that I wish to scan and digitalise. What Canon product that is Mac compatible can do that, without me having to take each slide out oif its plastic holder?

Announcements