cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning a document

anitabenfield
Apprentice

I have a new Pixma MG 3620. I need to scan a document into my computer and then email it. How do I do I do this. I selected documents in the My Image Garden and saved as a PDF, but how do I pull it up from my computer. I tried browsing for it when I tried to attach the document to an email, but nothing about My Image Garden appears. Do I even need to have My Image Garden installed? I will be using the printer to scan documents, not photographs. How did something that used to be so easy become so difficult on a Canon printer...where is the scan button???

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, anitabenfield!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://usa.canon.com/support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Windows 10 with Microsoft 2013

jadmiral
Contributor
I did not download my image garden because i also only scan and e-mail. Do you hasve the cannon quick menu box on your desktop in the bottom right corner of screen? The bottom box opens up all of Cannons menu options and you could move the Scan box down into the quick box area. FIRST you will have to delete one of the choices already there. I deleted the first one, AUTO SCAN, and replaced it with DOCUMENT SCAN.
Announcements