cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanner giving me errors..

ChyBunny
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MG5320.

Last night this message popped up once and all I had to do was turn the printer off then back on since my little cousin pulled the cord out of it while it was on. After that it was scanning just fine but now it's giving me this error again.

UGH.png

I've tried restarting my printer and it's not working. I don't really want to reinstall anything.

The printer is printing just fine so it's not the connection. I'm just really confused on it.

4 REPLIES 4

ChyBunny
Apprentice
It just let me scan a page but now it's giving me the error again when I tried to scan another.

Jason
Whiz

Hi!

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the version of Windows or Mac in use, as well as how you have the printer connected (USB or wireless).

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I have Windows 7 and the printer is being used wirelessly.

Ramona
Authority

Hi ChyBunny,

So we can better assist you, please reply with the following information:

1.  Do you tend to receive the scanning error after the printer has been inactive for a while, or both when it has been inactive and also right after it has been performing other functions?  

2.  How far away is your printer from your wireless router?

3.  If you print the LAN settings of the printer following the steps below, what is the value in the Signal Strength field?

• Make sure that the machine is turned on. Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper. 
  • Select Setup on the Home screen.
  • Select  Device settings, then press the OK button.
  • Use the UPDOWN button to select LAN settings, then press the OK button.
  • Use the UPDOWN button to select Confirm LAN settings, then press the OK button.
  • Use the UPDOWN button to select Print LAN details, then press the OK button to confirm the selection.
  • Use the UPDOWN button to select Yes, then press the OK button to start printing.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements