cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan on MX532 is Awful; Help

dbe1
Apprentice

Can anyone help?  I have an MX532 that makes awful scans.  I don't understand it.  I have had a Canon MG8120 that made beautiful scans.  Here is a sample of a photo scan from the MX532.

IMG_1_edited-1.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi dbe1,

Please try uinsg the Advanced Mode of the scanner driver.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Open the IJ Scan Utility.  If you are on a Mac, this will be located in the Applications / Canon utilities folder.  If you are using Windows, please click the Windows Start button (and then All Programs with Windows 7) and then the Canon Utilities folder.

2.  Click the Scangear button.

3.  Click the Advanced mode tab in the upper right hand corner.

4.  Next to Select Source, choose Platen.  Next to Color Mode choose Color.  Select 300 DPI.

5.  Click Preview at the bottom.

6.  Make any necessary adjustments and then click Scan.

For more information regarding the IJ Scan Utility, please use the following link:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/W/MX530%20series/1.1/EN/SU/Top.html

For rmore information regarding Advanced Mode, please use this link:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanGear/W/MFP/20.0/EN/SG/sg-904.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, but no improvement.

Hi dbe1,

In order to clarify the issue a little further, allow me to ask a couple questions:

• Do you get the same effect when making a photocopy?
  • Which version of Windows or Macintosh are you using?

I look forward to your reply.

I am using Windows 10.  B&W text copies fine. Color photos look like the scans. 

FYI - I also get a frequent error code 5011, which requires unpluggin and replugging the device.

Thanks.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the causes of your issues. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements