Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan function onmy MX922 won't work.

jimo37
Apprentice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi jimo37,

Let's test the hardware by scanning from a different program.

1. Click the Finder icon in the Dock at the bottom of your screen.

2. Click on "Go" in the Menu Bar at the top of the screen.

3. Select "Applications."

4. Select "Image Capture."

5. If you see the message "No camera or scanner is selected," hover your mouse over "Shared," then press "Show."

6. Select your printer.

7. You can press "Scan" to begin immediately, or "Show Details" for more options.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jim037,

What version of Windows or Mac OS X is installed on your computer?

Are you using your PIXMA MX922 with a USB cable or are you using it wirelessly?

If you would like this issue resolved more quickly, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am using El Capitan, and USB cable.

Hi jimo37,

Let's test the hardware by scanning from a different program.

1. Click the Finder icon in the Dock at the bottom of your screen.

2. Click on "Go" in the Menu Bar at the top of the screen.

3. Select "Applications."

4. Select "Image Capture."

5. If you see the message "No camera or scanner is selected," hover your mouse over "Shared," then press "Show."

6. Select your printer.

7. You can press "Scan" to begin immediately, or "Show Details" for more options.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Thank you for the solution. It works.

DickB5
Apprentice

I tried the solution, but it did not work for me. I have an older MX922 (pre-wireless model, circa 2014), running Montery and a wired USB connection. Printing works fine, but attempts to scan yield a "Failed to open connection to device (-21345)" message.  I get that same message by using Image Capture directly or by using the System Preferences->Printers & Scanners->Scan menu.

FWIW, I'm using a MacBook Pro with those USB-C ports, and a Phillips brand USB-C to USB-A adapter to connect top the MX922.

Announcements