cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real replacement for MX922

tdslab
Apprentice

I have two MX922 printers both of which are now B200 dead although I was able to temporarily restore one for a short time a couple of weeks ago.  I now have a print head on order from China in the hope of salvaging at least one.  I consider the high scanning and printing resolutions critical, separate color cartridges as the new single is ridiculous unless it is possible to refill separate chambers as needed, ethernet (wired network, wireless verboten), document feeder for scanning and especially for fax, and ability to print on injet printable DVDs which I use.  I just described the MX922 and have been unable to find another Canon product that can actually match it at any price.  The "recommended" replacement has half the scanning and printing resolutions.  Almost no one has the CD/DVD tray option although I have considered making a workaround card stock based carrier.  Does anyone have a suggestion hopefully for less than $500?

1 REPLY 1

Catsandcoffee
Apprentice

I’m in the exact same boat. I ended up buying a printer of a different brand. The print quality is horrible compared to the MX922. I don’t understand why the newer versions have inferior resolutions. Very frustrated trying to find a like-quality replacement. 

Announcements