cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: MX922 scanner problem message: set the pc to start scanning

wrights
Apprentice

I have scanned with this printer for over a year.  Today, after the few steps, it says " Set the pc to start scanning" but it goes back to default Doc.type <Auto scan> instead of staying on Doc.type <Photo>.  What can I do to be able to scan?

4 REPLIES 4

Jenine
Rising Star

Hi Wrights!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X). That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Windows 7...  I have tried unplugging modem; turned computer off; it wants me to find PC and  says                                

PC Local  (USB). when searching again, nothing comes up.... 

varice
Contributor

Ramona
Authority

Hi wrights,

You will need to have the Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector running on your computer in order to scan wirelessly. To ensure it is running, from the Start menu on your computer, select All Programs, then Canon Utilities, then IJ Network Scanner Selector EX (folder), then IJ Network Scanner Selector EX (program). When launched, the icon appears in the notification area of the taskbar.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements