cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicken & TR8620 Scanner Issues

huskerford05
Contributor

Upgraded my desktop & printer to a Canon TR8620. When I scan receipts into quicken, the scanner scans, but when it should be saving the file into the transaction nothing happens. The screen box of where to add the receipt from stays on the screen and does not go away.

Also, I had this issue with my previous desktop & canon printer is I have two options when selecting a scanner option. The first being "Canon Series Network" the second being "WIA-Canon Series" I've never been able to actually scan a receipt or actually close out the Canon Series Network version of scanning receipts. I can open that program, preview the receipt, and do everything but print and have the "X" button in the top corner shut the box down. I've always had to use the "WIA-Canon" scanner option.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi huskerford05,

Please attempt to scan using the IJ Scan Utility.

To do this, please follow the steps on this page from the manual:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/W/TR8600%20series/1.1/EN/SU/su-004.html

Were you able to scan?

If not, what is the exact wording of the error message that appears?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

1) In quicken start by selecting the account transaction for the receipt you want to copy
2) Select scanner option
3a) even with my previous mx922 all in one I could not use this option. It always would run preview, but never actually scanned or closed. Currently that is the same with my TR8620 all in one.
3b) is the option I've always used and been able to successfully save receipt files.
4) Bring up the scan preview part of the program and run the preview of the receipt to see how it looks.
5) Scan the receipt to go into the quicken transaction.
6) As it scans and transfers the document once it is complete it should go back to the quicken transaction log and show the icon for the file you just created.
7) With the TR8620 after the scan is complete it stays on the selection screen and when it is closed you find the receipt was not saved into the transaction log.Untitled.png

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements