cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TR4520 will not scan on Mac OS Big Sur (version 11.1)

ghjk
Apprentice

I recently bought the Canon TR4520 all-in-one printer. I could connect the printer to the right wifi network and print it successfully. However, when I tried using the Scan function, it keeps pushing me to the only option scan local USB. I could not get out of this mode despite holding on the Menu button for 3 seconds to get into the Settings menu. But the printer does not have the Scan settings (only fax and printer settings are available).

Can someone please help me resolve this issue? I really need to use the scan fucntion. 

Thank you very much for your help.

2 REPLIES 2

ghjk
Apprentice

Can anyone help me resolve this issue? I already downloaded the IJ Utility Scan 2 for MacOS Big Sur, but when I tried opening it, I keep running into the error message as follows:

Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons:

- Scanner is turned off.

- (If using Wired LAN connection) It is disconnected from Wired LAN.

- (If using wireless LAN connection) Signal strength is poor due to obstructions.

- (If using USB connection) USB cable is disconnected ---- I suspect the current mode of the scanner is this one, since the display on the printer is Scan Local (USB). Even though the Scan function display Wifi mode with 2 filled columns and 1 empty columns (you know, the 3 columns that show the Wifi connection).  

Please check and try again.

I also tried calling the Canon's Customer Service Team but after making me wait for more than 30 minutes, they just say goodbye. Terrible customer service....

paullogston
Apprentice

Same issue.

Announcements