Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer on and off continuously

NicolaeSfetcu
Apprentice

Hello,

The printer is MX495.

I did not us it for a while and today, when I started it, it turns on and off each 5 seconds.

All the printer buttons are blocked, including the power button (I cannot turn it off from the power button).

While the printer is on, no matter if I open or not the front cover, the cartridge holder moves continuously left and right without stopping.

There is a single word displayed on the display: ”Canon”.

Can you help me with an advice to eliminate this problem?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Based on your description, I would recommend contacting our phone support team for additional assistance. They can be reached by logging into your My Canon Account and going to your support options.

Please be advised, if you are outside of the United States, I recommend contacting the branch of Canon for your region. You may find the correct website using the map on the Canon Global website: http://global.canon/en/support/

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

64 REPLIES 64

Mines a MB2050 printer so not sure where the :menu is to swipe to Setup, then find Web Service Setup then DNS Server Setup: . Or is the menu on my computer

Hi Ars, If you still have the manual for your printer it should give directions but if you do not have the manual you can find one that you can read online just put in Cannon Maxify MB2050 manual in google or whatever search engine you use. From the picture that I see of your printer it would be the 2000 series that you would follow. The menu is not on your computer its on your printer. The best I can tell you is to search for the manual for your printer and look at that and go from there. I wish I could guide you but do you have any children or grandkids that could help you with it?

Hi sufagal66

I've got it all sorted now that Canon uk have given me the link to the website to upload the latest firmware fix. It took me a while but I managed in the end. I was looking for a cog on the printer forgot it was a screwdriver & pair of pliers that was the set up menu.

From what I've read on other threads changing the DNS address to any address not in use will have the same effect.  Changing it to 1 is the easiest.  Printer works normally again both manually and with wifi.  But changing this DNS address also prevents the printer from being recognized and connecting to the internet.  Not a problem for me - and not verified by me - as I don't print from the cloud.

Hmm.. After the fix I used thanks to Sherri99 It works as usual and it prints using Wi-Fi also. So it’s all back to normal for me.

I am also able to print from internet

I took mine offline as I read somewhere , it worked and works now back online! 🤷‍♀️ but I’m printing and happy as I’d just bought a whole bunch of ink!

marm
Enthusiast

This is a widespread issue- have not seen any response from canon- there are workarounds that have worked for some. Some of us got help from canon support and were not charged…others have been told to pay $20 to talk to anyone…….I just found a CANON USA page on Facebook and posted a question there as to what they are doing to fix it—don’t know if anyone will answer- but it is the only official canon anything I could find to maybe get this some publicity and force a reply….suggest people start posting their questions to facebook there—- maybe someone will wake up….

Try taking it offline I unplugged my modem it rebooted itself and works fine now! Good luck 

sheri99
Enthusiast

You should've kept reading my post.  The $20 was a JOKE. The solution from Canon is in my post. 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements