Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer on and off continuously

NicolaeSfetcu
Apprentice

Hello,

The printer is MX495.

I did not us it for a while and today, when I started it, it turns on and off each 5 seconds.

All the printer buttons are blocked, including the power button (I cannot turn it off from the power button).

While the printer is on, no matter if I open or not the front cover, the cartridge holder moves continuously left and right without stopping.

There is a single word displayed on the display: ”Canon”.

Can you help me with an advice to eliminate this problem?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Based on your description, I would recommend contacting our phone support team for additional assistance. They can be reached by logging into your My Canon Account and going to your support options.

Please be advised, if you are outside of the United States, I recommend contacting the branch of Canon for your region. You may find the correct website using the map on the Canon Global website: http://global.canon/en/support/

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

64 REPLIES 64

You are full of s..t, this has not been solved and the idiots at the canon phone assistance don't have a f.....g clue. So don't post this crap as solved!!! 

I took mine offline it worked! Bunch of 💩 is right 

This has happened to my two printers, PIXMA MX490 & IP110, at exactly the same time on 5/31/2022.  

This is not a solution at all. This is a widespread problem.

NicolaeSfetcu
Apprentice

No, it was not an update. I will go with it at a specialized service center, I think this is the best solution as I cannot solve it. Two days ago it works fine, and today just when I started it I have such issues.

I find it hard to believe this is a hardware issue. There are multiple threads on both these Forums and Reddit now of people with MX490 and MX492 experiencing the same issue over the last couple of days.

Tonylmiller
Contributor

Many people are having the problem at the same time.  There is an issue with the firmware in these printers, I think.

ArtVandelay
Apprentice

Having the same issue.  MX492 worked completely normal a few days ago, now it's stuck in an endless restart loop - keypad is unresponsive.  There's been no power outages or surges.  Have left the printer unplugged for a few hours and tried again to no avail.

you have two options if you want to do yourself-there is a solution posted in the forum under mx490 power cycling problem  .and also canon yesterday released an update you can apply if you can follow those directions...it is on their website

i  have the mx492 and used the workar

ound.....have had no problem since doing that...........not sure i am going to apply the firmware update from canon unless i have trouble again- 

Exactly the same with my MX492 from 5/31.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements