cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer: ink missing when I print

revabeth
Apprentice

The ink doesn't come out when I send something with my Mac. Husband can send and print from his HP. We have never had this problem for over a year.  I have gone through the cleaning and other utilities and color ink comes out just like it is suppose to. The number of pages comes out fine. I have looked, tried, and turned it off for 24 hours. I can't find problem addressed by anyone.

Any other suggestions?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Again, go into the printer set up, select that printer and hit the '-' sign to delete it. Then re-install it.

View solution in original post

Thanks to all of you. The printer is working.

I tried to kudos to all who took the time to help.

A blessing on your heads.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@revabeth wrote:

The ink doesn't come out when I send something with my Mac. Husband can send and print from his HP. We have never had this problem for over a year.  I have gone through the cleaning and other utilities and color ink comes out just like it is suppose to. The number of pages comes out fine. I have looked, tried, and turned it off for 24 hours. I can't find problem addressed by anyone.

Any other suggestions?

Greetings,

It would be helpful if you provided the model of your Canon product?  

It souuds like the problem lies with your MAC since your husband is able to print normally from his windows environment. 

What OS does this MAC run?  Is the printer supported under its OS?  What version is that?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yes I didn't have troubles at all last month then suddenly nothing. 

My Mac is OS High Sierra, 10.13

The Cannon is PIXMA MX 472

Hope that is enough info.

Thanks for trying to help me.

Again, go into the printer set up, select that printer and hit the '-' sign to delete it. Then re-install it.

Thanks to all of you. The printer is working.

I tried to kudos to all who took the time to help.

A blessing on your heads.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

If your printer supports it, try the airprint driver.

Sometimes it helps to delete the queue and add it back.

Announcements