cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer MP480 - How do we reset printer for jammed paper when it is NOT jammed?

arlington34
Apprentice

My printer is stuck on clear jammed paper message.  But there is no jammed paper.  How do I reset printer so I can proceed to print?

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

When I had a similar problem - different printer - I discoonected power cord for ~30 seconds and then plugged back in.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Ramona
Authority

Hi arlington34,

Since you have already verified that there are no paper jams in the printer, with a flashlight or other bright light, please check the paper feed area of the printer and verify that there are no other obstructions in the printer that may be causing the error. Once this has been done, please look inside of the printer where the inks are located and ensure that there are no obstructions in there that may be causing the print head not to move freely. Next, please remove and reseat all of the ink cartridges in the printer. Once all of these steps have been performed, if you still experience the same error, we can perform a roller cleaning on the printer to see if this will resolve the issue. To do this, please follow the steps located at the link below:

Performing a Roller Cleaning

If you still experience the same issue after performing at least three roller cleanings, the printer will require servicing.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

tried to run the roller cleaning option in maintenance but it cant even make it to the end of that process because it thinks there is a paper jam. the small feed wheel in the rear tray doesnt even move when i try to do anything. the system doesnt even try to eat paper just goes straight to the jam error. is there anything i can do?

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi areed,

Based on your description, the printer has experienced a hardware issue that only servicing could fix.

Please be advised repair service is no longer available for this product. However, in appreciation of your continued loyalty, we understand your immediate needs, and would like to offer you our Canon Upgrade Program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. We will also include free ground shipping with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Announcements