cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print head is incorrect, MP600

kerstin
Apprentice

Hello Canon. I have the printhead is incorrect, install the right printhead- issue. I've done everything everyone else has tried to do, moved out all the inks, take out the printhead, put i back, turn it off for 10 minutes etc. And nothing happend? The same error occur when I turn it on. I've been scanning the other day, and now this is happening. I tried to print, and the printer said that a paper was jammed, but there is no paper in the machine. I've looked everywhere and the printer couldn't even use the paper I put in the printer. It didn't work so I stopped trying. After that I scanned instead, but now this error occur. What to do? Turn it off.....?! Or should I just throw it out the window? It seems that almost everyone has this problem with their printers, maybe you should try to redesign the printers? Is there anywhere to go with this in sweden? Like some sort of mechanic-help? Please help me, I need to be able to do my job!!!!!!! 

3 REPLIES 3

MJA
Apprentice

My MP600R did this to me today.  I did not have any paper jam messages, just tried to print something and got the Print head is incorrect message.  

I took out all the inks, took out the print-head and reseated it - this made no difference.  

However, my print-head was gunky and inked up, so I took everything out again and cleaned the print-head with distilled water and a kitchen towel, by putting a few drops of distilled water on the towel and then placing the print-head on it to let the ink dissolve a bit, and repeating this over and over until most of the ink was gone and there were just clean coloured lines where the print apatures are.  MY PRINTER IS 6 YEARS OLD - THIS PROBABLY INVALIDATES THE WARRANTY SO DON'T DO THIS ON A NEW PRINTER.  

The print head is now recognised again.  I had to do a deep clean to sort out the colour nozzles which were giving stripy printing, but the black was fine from the start and I was able to print my work.  

MariaChi
Apprentice

I have done everything humanly possible, I cleaned the print head like 7 times it is skeaky clean and now after all that the printer still does ot wor now this error occurs:  "The inner compartment is open"  There is nothing open, checked a million times. Does someone thinks it is worthy to either take it to a repair shop or buy a new printer head?? This printer is really expensive I will not be able to buy a new one like this.

Mine started working a couple of times but I eventually gave up trying to fix it.  A new print head was going to be about £50 (shop around if you go this route) with no guarantee that some other problem wouldn't need fixing too, and a professional repair would have been more expensive than a new printer.  

Be aware Which Magazine puts Canon quite low down the lists of best printer brands and best printers; Samsung, HP, and Brother are probably the best at the moment.  

It's a shame Canon can't be bothered to tell us what to do about this problem.  Even a 'so many percent needed a new print-head, so many percent were too old to be worth fixing' would be helpful.  

So I've voted with my feet - got a brand new all singing all dancing A3 colour printer copier scanner from Brother - if you don't want A3 (very large) then there are several on the market that have lots of features and are not that expensive.  Be sure to take into consideration the cost of consumables - no point getting the cheapest printer if the inks cost a fortune and get wasted by printer cleaning itself all the time.  

good luck!

Announcements