cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma mp190 does not print color palate when nozzle check maintenance is done. Why?

Compute_Wizrd
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MP190 all-in-one printer.  I was given this printer.  I turned it on and saw that the color cartridge needed replacing.  The printer had not been used in some time so I figured I would replace both ink cartridges from the outset.  The cartridges were GP30 and CL31 in the printer.  I replaced with GP40 and CL41 cartridges.

I went to the maintenance menu and printed nozzle check test.  The black print head pattern printed out but the color print head color palate did not print.

I did print head cleaning and reprinted the nozzle pattern after cleaning.  The black print head pattern printed out but the color palate still did not print out even with new cartridge.

I did print head deep cleaning and reprinted the nozzle pattern after cleaning with the exact same result as above.  Does the color print head need to be replaced?  Has anybody else experienced this?  What did you do?

1 REPLY 1

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi Compute_Wizrd,

Since the printhead for your MP190 is built into the cartridges, replacing the cartridge may resolve this issue.  

First, however, I recommend performing a few additional deep cleanings to try to clear up those color nozzles.  Also, check the color cartridge for any packing tape.  If it's bright safety orange...remove it.  

When you purchased the cartridges, were they new in the box, or were they refurbished/refilled?   Since the printhead is built into the cartridge, we don't recommend refurbished or refilled cartridges.  While the ink inside these cartridge may be replenished, the printhead has already been through a cycle and may be damaged.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements