cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma iP2820

jjw63017
Contributor

What is the IP address for the Canon PIXMA iP2820?  I think I need it to link the printer to my new chromebook.

John

7 REPLIES 7

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

@jjw63017 wrote:

What is the IP address for the Canon PIXMA iP2820?  I think I need it to link the printer to my new chromebook.

John

If I'm not mistaken, and I could be, the PIXMA iP2820 is a USB printer. No IP. So you have to use a USB printer cable, A on one end B on the other.

you are right, thanks

still caznnot connect the printer to my HP cromebook

@jjw63017 wrote:

you are right, thanks

still caznnot connect the printer to my HP cromebook

I'm not sure if the Chromebook comes with specific printer divers or if you have to add them somehow, but this is a general tutorial to connect a USB printer to your Chromebook. If you haven't tried this, it might help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMAtowYwgf0

Thanks for the lead.  My problem is that my printer needs to be configured.  The list of available printers that comes up on my computer does not include my pixma.  Then It asks for my printer PPD which stumps me.

@jjw63017 wrote:

Thanks for the lead.  My problem is that my printer needs to be configured.  The list of available printers that comes up on my computer does not include my pixma.  Then It asks for my printer PPD which stumps me.

PPD = Postscript Printer Description, which is a file that does basically the same thing as a driver, but differently. I'm not sure if Canon has one for the Chrome OS and the Pixma iP2820, at least, I didn't see one.

Here is a list of supported Canon printers that I found on Google Support.

Chrome Canon Printers.jpg

There is a similar listing that comes up on chrome as compatible Canon printers.  Thanks for your interest in this.  John

Hi jjw63017,

The iP2820 is not supported with the Chrome operating system.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002.  They're available weekdays and Saturdays after 9 AM ET (6 AM PT). Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
click here to view the gallery
Announcements