cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Pixma iP7220 does not seem to be using any pig-250 ink?

ggjohnson
Apprentice

When I look at supply levels in my printer settings, the Pgi-250 ink always looks completely full. The various ather cartridges go down in a nomal fashion. Does that mean the printer isn't using any of the Pgbk ink?

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

If the print is set to Grayscale, it would use the color ink cartridge to make a dark gray and not use the Black ink cartridge. If you are not printing in Grayscale and the Black ink is not being used, then I recommend printing a nozzle check. Hold down the RESUME/CANCEL button until the POWER lamp flashes white twice, then release it immediately.

The nozzle check will print and should look like the example below:

If the Black grid appears, then your printer is using Black ink and the print settings may not be detecting the ink level of the cartridge correctly.

We look forward to your response to see how the nozzle check came out.

Thanks for the reply.

Well, to my great distress my printer died just after I sent this query. No matter what I did, I could not manage to get it to power on. I had had it for 7 years, and I know that printers are not very durable, so I gave up. 

Desperate for a printer, I bought another Canon printer at a price well above list. I was very happy with the old one, but the new one (Pixma TS8320) is equally compact, an important consideration. After some trouble, I was able to get it set up, and am now using it.

Thanbks again

Jerry 

Announcements