cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TS9550 - No Custom Size Paper option

Becbex123
Apprentice

I've just bought a Canon Pixma TS9550 and I'm trying to set it to print custom size paper.

The instructions online say to go to Printer Preferences and then it'll pop up with a box to set up the size, but I'm not getting that pop up box, only standard sizes such as A4 etc with no option to add my own.

Could someone advise what I'm doing wrong before I give up and throw the printer through the window?

I have Windows 11 if that helps? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

TheChapmans
Apprentice

Did you ever resolve this? I have the same issue. Windows 11 and a TS6251. No way to select a custom paper size.

Does your driver look something like ythis?

Screenshot 2023-12-03 170724.jpg

Seelct "Standard" and see if that resolves issue.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

TheChapmans
Apprentice

Thanks - no, I'm only getting this; 

TheChapmans_0-1701641984098.png

TheChapmans
Apprentice

So... not sure why it is happening, but I have (kind of) figured it out. 
I had plugged my printer into my pc with a usb cable, because the WiFi connection kept dropping off, and it wouldn't print. 

However, if I remove the usb cable and connect to my printer via WiFi again then I do get the full options (as per your screen shot John). 

TheChapmans_1-1701642381552.png

Not sure why the USB cable changes the options, but hopefully my WiFi remains stable while I print on custom sized paper. 

Thanks!  

Double-check the exact procedure for USB connection. Sometimes the USB connection defaults to the plug&play operating system driver, which is usually dumbed-down. It works but doesn't have the vendor specific features. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
click here to view the gallery
Announcements