cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TS3520 USB setup question

printerproblems
Apprentice

Hello,

I got a new Pixma TS3520 and I've been having trouble connecting it with the Easy Setup on the IJ software. The software doesn't detect any printers, and I've done everything the instructions say. My best guess is that my firewall is blocking communication but I'm not comfortable messing around with that. I'm wondering if I can just connect the printer with a USB cord to my PC and set it up from there. Ideally I'd be able to manually connect it to my WiFi network through that physical connection and then disconnect, but I'm willing to just keep it connected with a USB. If that theory is correct (as in it'll work like that), I want to know what kind of port is on the back of the printer itself. I can't find it anywhere in the specs on the Canon website or on stores, and I need to buy the correct cable for it to work (obviously). Does anyone know the type of port on the back?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

You would need an A to B 2.0 usb cable. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

You would need an A to B 2.0 usb cable. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.  

Announcements