cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TS3322 Product Support Employee asking $100 for support. Should i report to Consumer Agency!

wlbacani
Apprentice

When i called the number for product support, this employee is asking me to pay him by credit or debit card for the virus i had on my computer for using free wifi/no internet security. Telling him in about a week i will have my own and why do i have to pay. He said, if i don't want to pay then wait for my own internet. I know his scamming me but i did not agrue, it's late night. When i called again the next night, same support number, i believe im speaking to the same person, he ask me 3 times if i knew the person name about the $100 support, after telling him the story and how i feel about it. He ask me when i bought the printer, he said just return the printer after i ssid 2 weeks ago, and hang up. This is the support i called 18885259575 2 X recorder on my cellphone w/ date and time. Should i report this to Consumer Affair? I need help for the product i bought but not working.

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Definitely don't provide any personal information to the person at that phone number! Reporting it would be a good idea as well.

See this list of US Support Phone Numbers for valid numbers.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Stephen

Welcome to the Canon Forums!

Our US-based support team can be reached 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666).

Our team is only available weekdays from 8am to 8pm (ET). If you spoke with someone outside of those hours, or if you spoke with someone who was not in the United States, you wren't speaking with someone who was affiliated with Canon USA.

You can visit your My Canon Account for personalized support options HERE.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find your support options. 

Announcements