cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TR8620 power question

robertom
Apprentice

Hi all,

This is hopefully a simple question, but its probably an odd question.

My partner makes cakes and is looking to import a TR8620 from the US to the UK as this is the gold standard for printing edible ink onto sugar paper (who knew, right?).

So obviously UK and US power are very different things, but quite often modern electronics will work with a switchable power supply - they will take power from any source and convert it to their needs internally. Does anyone know if the TR8620 will do this? Or knows that it won't?

UK power is 240v/50hz, where I think US power is 110/60hz? Grateful for any advice or pointers. I have checked the online manual and cannot see anything there.

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

A Universal AC Adapter can be used abroad to power the printer from power supplies ranging from AC 100 V to 240 V. However, the specification of the Power Cord differs for each country, please purchase the Power Cord suitable for the specification of each country.

If you are planning on connecting the printer to a power source of 240 V, a Canon dealer in that country to purchase the appropriate power cord. We cannot guarantee availability of that power cord.

You may find the correct website using the map on the Canon Global website: http://global.canon/en/support/

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements