cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TR 7020 front papaer tray won't slide all the way in

deckman37
Apprentice

On the back end of the tray there are two black tabs on either side of the tray that extend outward toward the rear of the printer.  The tab on left side needs to click into place for the printer to know the tray is completely closed.  That tab appears to be pressing up against something on the bottom of the printer as the tray slides back into place, preventing it from continuing to slide and click into place.

If I turn the printer on it's side, I can use an object like a screwdriver or my finger to pull the tab outward, allowing it to bypass the plastic piece in its way  and in turn this will allow the tray to slide all the way in. That is obviously a poor solution though. I also noticed when it does close now, the printer will extract several pages of paper at once creating a jam.  My still under warranty printer isn't working

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Since the printer is still in warranty, contact the Canon support team. Canon does have a chat team that would be happy to assist you with this issue. Please click HERE and in the chat/ask a question box that appears, ask the chat bot to speak to a live person. Our chat agents are available Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Announcements