cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX860 Error Code 5200

rgshulman
Apprentice

We are suddenly unable to use our printer in any capacity. I have turned it off, rested it for 10 minutes with the poser cord unplugged, and the error still appears and the alarm still beeps. I have also unseated and re-seated all the ink cartridges. What is the error, and how do I clear it? Please help and thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi rgshulman,

The Error 5200 indicates a hardware error that requires service has occured.  Since you've already checked for obstructions inside the printer and reseated the cartridges without succes, there is likely a hardware error that requires the printer be looked in more detail.  I recommend contacting our support staff using the Contact Us link and they can provide applicable service options to get this issue resolved.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi rgshulman,

The Error 5200 indicates a hardware error that requires service has occured.  Since you've already checked for obstructions inside the printer and reseated the cartridges without succes, there is likely a hardware error that requires the printer be looked in more detail.  I recommend contacting our support staff using the Contact Us link and they can provide applicable service options to get this issue resolved.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements