cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong colors printing photos with PIXMA MP280

TakuSkan
Apprentice

I've had this printer for over a year, but have only now tried printing photos.  I 1st tested printing on plain paper to check alignment and basic quality, and the printout looked fine.  So I unwrapped the sample package of 4x6 Canon Photo Plus Glossy II paper, and put one in the printer.  Printing through Photoshop CS6, I went to the printer settings and configured:

* Common Settings:  Photo Printing

* Media Type: Photo Plus Glossy II

* Printer Paper Size: 4"x6"

* Print Quality: High (also tried Standard)

PIXMA MP280 Print Settings.jpg

The resulting print resulted in everything going red.

Original:

[REMOVED IMAGE DUE TO COPYRIGHT CLAIM]

Print:

[REMOVED IMAGE DUE TO COPYRIGHT CLAIM]

I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone who may have an explanation of what's going on here, or what I may be doing wrong?  .Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

First, a test should be performed of your PIXMA MP280.  The nozzle check pattern shows if each print head nozzle is operating properly.  Ensure that the printer is powered on and the LED displays a number.

Please follow these steps to perform the test page:

1.  Open the paper output tray.

2.  Confirm that the paper thickness lever is set to the left.

3.  Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder (ASF).

4.  Press the <Maintenance> button once to display [A].

5.  Press the Black or Color button. The machine prints the nozzle check pattern.

Please compare your printout to the example that has been attached to this message.

MP280 Nozzle Test.jpg

Does your nozzle check print correctly?  If not, performing printhead cleanings is recommended.  To perform printhead cleanings, please follow these steps:

1.  Press the <Maintenance> button twice until [H] appears.

2.  Press the Black or Color button.  The cleaning will begin.

After 3 cleanings, print another test page.  If the printout is still incorrect, the ink cartridges should be replaced.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements