cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX522 Scan Function Not Working

howdog
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MX522 connected wirelessly to a brand-new Gateway PC running on Windows 8.  The wireless printing functions perfectly, but I can't get anywhere with scanning.  When I installed the software from the CD-ROM, I got a "Canon Quick Menu" message saying "An error occurred while files were being copied.  The installation will be cancelled."  I uninstalled and reinstalled all the software and got the same result.  I downloaded all the MX522 Drivers & Software from the Canon site, but still no scan function.  When I try to open Quick Menu, I get "IJ Network Scanner Selector EX cannot be found.  Reinstall scanner driver.  Code 3,208,0."  Any help would be appreciated.  Very frustrated!

8 REPLIES 8

howdog
Apprentice

Still not getting anywhere with the scanning.  Does no one at Canon have any idea how to help me?

Hi howdog!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

For users outside of the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

actionmax
Apprentice

I have the same problem with a differnt printer. I get the "An error occurred ..." message when trying to insall Quick Menu 2.2.2. I suspect it has something to do with Windows 8.1, which has caused no end of problems with my wifi adaptor.

actionmax
Apprentice
Alright dude, I figured it out with help from another forum. Avast is causing the problem. You have to uninstall Avast - COMPLETELY uninstall every trace of it. I used iObit's Uninstall program which asks you to do a "Powerful Scan" after you uninstall Avast which will get rid of everything. Go ahead and use it to uninstall all the Canon stuff too, Restart, and go for it again. Should work.

I finally got the scanning to work by connecting the printer to the computer with USB. Printing still works fine wirelessly, so it's all good. By the way, how do you know I use Avast?

Avast is what was causing the problem for everybody. My printer is working perfectly now for both scanning and printing over wifi. I haven't trried re-installing Avast yet to see if any problems crop up.

I can confirm that uninstalling avast and reinstalling the canon drivers makes the scan utility work. I'm using the pixma mx925.

I don't know if I have AVAST on my computer. I don't recall that program before. I have used my scan periodocally and today the scan is not working. Everything else works.

Announcements