cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MP495 Printer not detected

javisst
Apprentice

Hello there. So I have a Canon Pixma 495 printer that worked great wirelessly for 5 months but all of a sudden my Macbook Pro stopped detecting it. I tried reinstalling the Canon drivers but the installation will not complete on account of the printer being undetectable, even when connected with a USB cord. I installed the latest Canon drivers from Apple and still, the printer cannot be detected. When I try to add a printer to "Print and Fax" under System Preferences, it can still not detect it there. Any ideas how to solve this? Any help appreciated!

20 REPLIES 20

seadad805
Apprentice

OK this seemes to be a situation where everyone is haveing the same problem with the MP495 printer so its evident that the product is not user friendly and when going online to find a solution it takes unnecesary time to try to find a way to get your printer to work.

Solution: take you MP495 and throw it in the trash!!!  Read PC Mag or another reliable review source for revews on a printer that will fit your needs and match your wallet.  Dont even bother trying to donate it because someone else will just end up with the frustration.  And Cannon you should be ashamed for haveing a product with this problem for so many and not creating simple softwhere to address this! 

Back to W/Mart or B/Buy!

Hope this helps all with the same problem

click here to view the gallery
Announcements