cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG5420 Service Code 6000

Steevo
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MG5420, and it has a service code 6000 error or sometimes other errors have appeared. There is no paper jammed in the unit, I took all the trays and baffles out and looked carefully. I reseated the cartridges.

I read on the Canon USA YouTube Channel where Canon USA support says to register but my serial number was not accepted so I can't do that.

I have a lot of 250/251 ink, so I would like this printer to work again. If I buy a new one I would have to buy all new ink. I am having no luck finding the problem. Can anyone help? I would appreciate Canon USA providing actual support for this. But without being able to register that support is impaired.

I love this printer. Fantastic.

4 REPLIES 4

Steevo
Apprentice

I even tried to clean the timing film strip, with some window cleaner on a swab. No difference.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

I recommend performing a reset of the printer. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.

If the error does not clear or other errors appear, the printer has experienced an internal hardware failure and would need to be replaced. Since the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays. You can also check to see if any the printer's in the Upgrade program are compatible with the ink that you have. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Steevo
Apprentice

I just did that. No difference.
One thing I did notice. The error often only returns when the printer is told to do something. Meaning it doesn't return right away. I told it to print the nozzle test page and it returned then.

Just now it returned as soon as I turned it back on. There has to be a way to troubleshoot this unit!

Steevo
Apprentice

I might feel differently about this but I bought it a printhead (expensive) a few months ago. It worked after that.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements