cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG3620 Information Acquisition Error

Gabina
Apprentice

I recently installed Windows 10. I had installed my printer with no issue (I do have a CD...somewhere) under Windows 7.  Now that I have Windows 10 I am trying to install it again.  Windows did manage to say it's ready for use, but I don't have all the Canon software to use the scanner, etc.  I want to install the Canon software and driver. I downloaded the correct file.

Now, when I try to run it and choose Start Setup, it tries to download information for a few seconds then gives me an Information Acquisition Error saying to check my internet connection. Well, I'm on the internet typing this, aren't I?  Internet is fine. 

Some similar posts had suggestions like logging in as the local admin or running the BITS service.  I checked my user accounts. There is only one. Mine and it's an administrator account.  If there is a local admin, I don't know it.  Win 10 didn't ask me during setup.  I suppose I can try something generic (administorator with no password) and see if that works. Haven't tried that yet.

I looked for the BITS service and it was set to Manual starting so I started it.  Tried running the install again, always as Administrator.  Same error. I can't get past step 1.

Any other ideas?  I know, find my CD. Well, if you'd seen my house, you'd realize how hard that would be.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gabina
Apprentice

Was on hold with support while writing my post above. They instructed me to download and install the Option Driver.  That worked without issue.

Gabina

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Gabina
Apprentice

Was on hold with support while writing my post above. They instructed me to download and install the Option Driver.  That worked without issue.

Gabina

Announcements