PIXMA 892 - Mac

MFL
Contributor

The unit shows error code B200, and tells me to contact the service center. Pressing buttons does no good. Opening lid to ink tank area does no good. Shutting down, unplugging, restarting does no good. It worked up until today. What does this mean?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MFL,

It would appear that your PIXMA MX892 requires service. You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There are a lot of people who have used the following method.  I do not believe it is official or documented.

MX 892 - b200 error

1.. Turn OFF Power

2. Open the print head bay (as though you were about to change inks)

3. Turn ON power

4. Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way

5. Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.

6. Leave the Printer turned on

7. Good to go. It took 2 attempts before it worked. Some people said it took 3-4 attempts. Now, prior to this, I did clean the pads the cartridges sit on and used a qtip to wipe the encoder strip.  I`m not sure if it was the combination of those things or just doing the fix. 

Good Luck

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks Rick! I'll give it a go, fingers crossed. It's been a good printer for me.

Oh dear, I tried this solution a few times, I cleaned the pads the cartridges sit on and qtipped the encoder strip. I don't know what I did wrong, but now I can't get the printer to power on at all. I even unplugged and replugged it in. It's an old girl, I may have to put her to rest. I just don't have money to replace her right now.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MFL,

It would appear that your PIXMA MX892 requires service. You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Oh wow! I just sat down to browse new printers and I saw this message in my inbox! Thank you for the tip, I have called and placed an order. So excited! Thank you Patrick, that was extraordinarily helpful as buying a new printer right now is a very uncomfortable prospect. To be honest, I dreaded being shuffled from phone technical support to the online community forum. I expected very little, but as with my previous Canon support experience, this has been tip-top. So greatful for the help.

Michelle

Announcements