cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG2522 green and orange lights blinking

bsf2008
Apprentice

I just ordered this printer off amazon and got around to setting it up and as soon as I put the ink cartridges in and went to set it up the green and orange lights keep blinking interchangeably. I tried new ink cartridges and tried doing all the "resets" I could find on google and nothing is working. I haven't even been able to download the software onto my computer yet because I can't get past the blinking lights.

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

The Green and Orange lights should flash for a certain number of times before pausing and flashing again. Please click HERE for an alarm code list and let us know what error your printer is experiencing. 

We look forward to your reply. 

Timbertrail
Apprentice

I am having the same issue. I cannot get the cartridges to come back to center so I can take them out to see if they are seated correctly.  Orange is flashing twice interchangeably with power green and then pausing. I have taken the paper out and put it back in MANY times as that two flashes seems to indicate no paper or paper not seated correctly. There is nothing in the way and there is plenty of paper and it "clicks" in when I push it down into the slot.  WTH is wrong with this brand new printer. I can't get past this issue to finish installing it! Help!

Hi Timbertrail,

It would appear that your PIXMA MG2522 may require service.  Please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat for further assistance. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements