cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG2460 not detected

ladyrae
Apprentice

I bought a Pixma 2460 a couple of months ago, with a cheap USB printer cable to connect it to my laptop.  It came with an installation disc, which I can't use because my laptop doesn't have a disc drive.  The set up instructions that I found online were pretty rubbish, but I managed to get it working long enough to print out the 3 pages I needed that evening.  I then tried again a couple of days later, and it printed out 1 page fine, but after a few minutes when I tried to print the next piece of work I'd finished, it just kept coming up 'Printer not connected'.  I tried all the usual unplugging, turning off and back on etc, but nothing worked.  I've now tried uninstalling all drivers and starting again from scratch, several times again unplugging etc, and it now won't even finish the installation process - it just gives me an error message that the 'printer can't be detected'.  

I'm at my wits end with it.  I'm super busy with work stuff and health issues and don't have anyone to turn to who can help me with tech stuff.  I bought a Canon printer because I thought it was a decent company, but never again!  Does anyone have any tips that I can try before I throw the thing out the window!!!

Thanks 🙂

0 REPLIES 0
click here to view the gallery
Announcements