cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG 7520 shuts off by itself

ijacob007
Contributor

Hi

I have a Pixma MG 7520. Not sure what happened when you start it it's open the print page tray where the paper should come out and after 2 second there is the name Canon on the screen and it;s shuts off. No paper jam or something just shuts off. Help

3 REPLIES 3

sandina
Apprentice

I downloaded the suggested firmware update, but the printer keeps turning off before I can install it.

Hi,

First you will want to turn off your router. Once that is done, please do the following on the printer: 

1. Tap the Setup  option on the printer from the Home Screen.

2. Swipe until Device Settings appears and Tap.

3. Tap Lan Settings.

4. Tap Change Lan.

5. Tap Disable Lan.

Once the wifi has been disabled on the printer, turn the router back on, connect the printer via a usb cord and try the firmware update again. 

There are also other steps you can try,  Learn more now by clicking HERE.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well. 

sandina
Apprentice

Last time I messed with my router it screwed up my entire mesh network and I had to call Geek Squad to come out and help me reset it (new username & password to have to memorize too). Anyway, it's not a network issue, it's a power issue. NOTHING appeared on the "Home Screen" except the Canon logo, and then it shut off. Didn't matter whether the printer was connected via USB or wi-fi. The printer was 5 years old, and I'd bought it reconditioned from Canon for $70 anyway (it replaced an identical model, different color, that was 3 yrs old). Not worth having a printer that will work only if I experiment with network settings, especially since I ONLY used it via USB cable connected to my laptop. At that point, it was nothing more than a huge paperweight that drank prodigious quantities of ink. So I bought a brand new Canon for $100 that also faxes as well as scans. Downside is a larger footprint and, of course, having to buy different cartridges. But we all know the reason inkjet printers are so cheap is that the point is to sell cartridges. If one could use cartridges introduced 8 yrs ago in a new model printer, printer mfrs. would go bankrupt...or the printers would be priced far higher. 

Announcements