cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma 4200 stopped printing black

frz
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a problem, with a very old (but still good in my opinion) Canon printer, IP4200. Recently it has stopped to print black. I've tried "cleaning" and "deep cleaning" options from the printer properties, but it didn't solved the issue. All other colours from the pattern are visible, just the PGBK isn't. I've also tried to clean the printhead with alcohol, but without any success.

Any advice?

3 REPLIES 3

BillS
Mentor

Hi frz,

If deep cleaning does not resolve the issue, let's use a technique developed by our factory technicians to deal with more serious clogs.

1. Perform two deep cleanings in a row (do not print nozzle checks.)
  2. Leave the printer powered on overnight.
  3. Perform a standard cleaning the following day.

The ink drawn into the nozzles during the deep cleanings can act as a solvent to dissolve more stubborn clogs.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Tried manual cleaning of print head.

Followed the instructions above - 2 x deep cleaning, leave overnight then clean again.

Still printing blank stripes across the page.

What more can i try to get my printer working properly?

Cheers

Tim

Hi iosman987.

The list of items included with the iP4200 may be found HERE.  As one of our older printers that is no longer in production nor refurbished by Canon, it's important to state that these items are included when initially shipped from Canon.  This cannot be guaranteed for second-hand printers.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements