cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo prints

PeterB
Contributor

I have a Canon TS8220 printer. I have been very pleased overall with how the color prints match the images on my computer with the exception of the contrast which comes out significantly lighter than the original. I can work around this by adding contrast to the originals but I wonder if there is any adjustment that can be made on the printer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi PeterB,

Mac computers do not use a Canon driver for this model printer, it uses Apple AirPrint. Since there is no driver to adjust the setting and there is no setting to adjust from the printer, you will need to adjust the contrast setting from the program you are using to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi PeterB,

You can adjust the print settings from the driver. So we can best assist you, please let us know what version of Window or Mac you are using.

If you would like help in real time, please contact Canon at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.

We look forward to your reply.

Thank you for your reply.I am using Mohave on my Mac desktop.

Peter

hi PeterB,

Mac computers do not use a Canon driver for this model printer, it uses Apple AirPrint. Since there is no driver to adjust the setting and there is no setting to adjust from the printer, you will need to adjust the contrast setting from the program you are using to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I’m a very long time user of Canon products from film to digital cameras and printers and normally a big fan. My last Canon printer just died and after some brief research I upgraded to the latest Pixma TS8220. After setting up the printer and using it for the first time with my Mac, I realise that the printer is of absolutely no use for printing photos, because there are no Mac drivers and AirPrint which you are forced to use, doesn’t even allow you to select the correct Canon paper type, such as glossy or matte or adjust the color in any way. Needless to say, print colors are pretty awful and there is absolutely no way to calibrate. I see one suggestion to change the contrast on the computer! Very disappointed with this purchase, the Canon box and website should really contain a warning that this printer is not suitable for printing photos from a Mac. What to do with a Canon photo printer that is useless for printing photos if you have any interest in how those pictures look? I am hoping that I have missed something and someone can share with me how to use this printer for printing photos, but I don’t think so.

dwlaidler,

Try using our Easy-PhotoPrint Editor software with your Mac.  The program is available for download at the following link:

PIXMA TS8220 Software

Details about how to use the program can be found at the following link:

Easy-PhotoPrint Editor Guide

What is the connection between the major problem that I described and your answer?

Announcements