cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iP8720 Just Prints Orange

LARST
Apprentice

My employees and I have spent hours on this to no avail. This particular printer, a Pixma IP8700 has been used very little, less than 150 printings and the machine does not work, just prints orange in color, black and white OK. We will use this machine until our black ink cartridges are used up.  A lot of money for something we have to junk -  not be worth our time it to try to find a repair facility, deliver it, pick it up and pay the cost to get it repaired.  Very disappointing and frustrating.  Also find it dismaying that Canon offers no live chat.  I have instructed my employees to never purchase another Canon product 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LARST
Apprentice

Well, whada you know! I was about to junk my Canon PIXMA IP8720 after endless hours of trying to solve the printing orange problem - did all the recommended fixes like cleaning, deep cleaning, aligning heads, removing and inspecting the cartridges, yes,many times like the guy who keeps doing the same thing with the same result. No help was found on this board either from others or from the Canon expert herself.

So, what did I do?  Went to youtube, went to HP site and there was the solution on another site. Makes you wonder about clueless Canon.

The answer was to fetch some Iso Alcohol (did not have any so used the Covid alcohol solution, took out all the inks and wiped down the little holes into which the ink goes. Reinstalled the cartridges and IT WORKS NOW, no more orange only.  Had to use up a lot of ink sadly in the end.  Thank you Hewlett Packer for providing the solution that appears nowhere in any of the Canon fixes.

So now I don't have to junk the printer, only have to replace cartridges now very soon.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

LARST
Apprentice

Well, whada you know! I was about to junk my Canon PIXMA IP8720 after endless hours of trying to solve the printing orange problem - did all the recommended fixes like cleaning, deep cleaning, aligning heads, removing and inspecting the cartridges, yes,many times like the guy who keeps doing the same thing with the same result. No help was found on this board either from others or from the Canon expert herself.

So, what did I do?  Went to youtube, went to HP site and there was the solution on another site. Makes you wonder about clueless Canon.

The answer was to fetch some Iso Alcohol (did not have any so used the Covid alcohol solution, took out all the inks and wiped down the little holes into which the ink goes. Reinstalled the cartridges and IT WORKS NOW, no more orange only.  Had to use up a lot of ink sadly in the end.  Thank you Hewlett Packer for providing the solution that appears nowhere in any of the Canon fixes.

So now I don't have to junk the printer, only have to replace cartridges now very soon.

Announcements